Bachelor of Science (Chemistry, with a concentration in Biochemistry)
The following is a summary from the current University of Memphis . To view the degree requirements from an earlier catalog, .
明升体育-英超直播Approved descriptions for all chemistry courses are listed in the . More details can be found by clicking on links in the list below.
明升体育-英超直播This concentration requires 36 hours in chemistry courses, 11 hours in biology courses, 6 - 7 hours in mathematics courses, 8 hours in physics courses and one upper division ethics course as listed below. This degree is recommended for students preparing for postgraduate study in pharmacy, medicine, dentistry or related health professions.
- CHEM 1110 & 1111: General Chemistry 1 Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 1120 & 1121: General Chemistry 2 Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 3111: Foundations of Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 3211 & 3201: Foundations of Analytical Chemistry Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 3310 & 3301: Foundations of Organic Chemistry Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 3411: Foundations of Physical Chemistry
- CHEM 3511 & 3501: Foundations of Bio-organic Chemistry Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 4511 & 4501: Biochemistry 1 Lecture and Laboratory
- CHEM 4999: Senior Survey
- Three additional upper division semester hours in CHEM courses
- BIOL 1110 & 1111: General Biology 1 Lecture and Laboratory
- BIOL 1120 & 1121: General Biology 2 Lecture and Laboratory
- One of BIOL 3130: Cell Biology, BIOL 3500: Microbiology, or CHEM 4512: Biochemistry 2
- MATH 1910: Calculus 1 or MATH 1830: Elementary Calculus
- MATH 4611: Introduction to Applied Statistics
- PHYS 2010 & 2011 or PHYS 2110 & 2111: General Physics 1 Lecture and Laboratory
- PHYS 2020 & 2021 or PHYS 2120 & 2121: General Physics 2 Lecture and Laboratory
- One of PHIL 3512, 3514, or 3515 or other approved upper division ethics course
Graduates must also satisfy the University (30 hours in addition to the courses listed above) and elective credits to complete a total of 120 hours for the B. S. degree.