Language and Linguistics
明升体育-英超直播The Language and Linguistics Concentration provides students with the tools necessary to investigate language. Students confront the questions, theories, and methods of exploring language as a system. In addition to the theoretical nature of language study, students explore the real-life implications of language for literature, English as a Second Language (ESL), composition, language development, and the social dimensions of language and linguistics.
In addition to the English Major requirements and electives, Language and Linguistics students must choose 12 hours from the following list.
- ENGL 3501 Modern English Grammar
- ENGL 3511 Introduction to Linguistics
- ENGL 3521 The American Language
- ENGL 4501 History of the English Language
- ENGL 4511 Language and Literature
- ENGL 4521 Language and Society
- ENGL 4522 Gender and Language
- ENGL 4540-50 Special Topics in Language and Linguistics
明升体育-英超直播See the for a complete list of all degree requirements.