Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
明升体育-英超直播The Loewenberg College of Nursing MSN Program offers three options for students. A traditional MSN program offered online, an Executive MSN program, including on-site intensives and national conferences, and an RN-MSN program available for registered nurses with an earned degree in a non-nursing discipline. APost-MSN certificate program is available for MSN graduates in the specialty of Primary Care (FNP), and Nursing Education.
#17 Nationally Online
Rate in 2016
|75% Graduation Rate|
Choose the track that's right for you
|Education||A 40-credit hour program that prepares the student as a nurse educator to teach in schools of nursing programs and in various health care system settings. Students will learn about nursing and education theories, learning strategies, curricular development, and develop skills in different teaching methodologies. View Curriculum >|
|Executive Leadership||A 37-credit hour program with curriculum aligning to the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program® components. EMSN offers online coursework, on-campus intensives and trips to national conferences. The program prepares nurses for management and executive positions in a variety of settings. Fees cover all course resources, books, and expenses for on-campus intensives four times a year and two conferences. View Curriculum >|
|Family Nurse Practitioner||A 46-hour program that prepares advanced practice nurses who deliver primary health care to all ages; individuals and families throughout the lifespan and across the health continuum. Students will be provided with knowledge and clinical skills necessary for health promotion, disease prevention, assessment, and management of common acute and chronic illnesses. View Curriculum >|
For detailed information about the MSN program, including policies, course names and descriptions, visit the .
- Students enrolled in the MSN program must complete 36-46 semester hours (based on concentration area)
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 GPA (“B”). Grades of “D” and “F” will not apply toward any graduate degree, but will be computed in the GPA. No more than 7 hours of “C-“, “C,” or “C+” will be applied towards meeting degree requirements.
- Students must earn a grade of “B” or better in all clinical and lab courses (NURS 7102; NURS 7602; NURS 7604; NURS 7606; NURS 7609; NURS 7207; NURS 7209; NURS 7909) in order to graduate.
- Academic disqualification from the graduate nursing major will occur when the student:
- fails to maintain a 3.0 GPA in graduate school.
- fails to earn a grade of “B” (3.0) or better when repeating a course.
- willfully misrepresents patient data or clinical practice.
- willfully places any patient in physical or emotional jeopardy.
- is placed on probation by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- fails to disclose a felony conviction.
- fails to disclose disciplinary action or diversion by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- fails to complete all degree requirements within five years of entering graduate nursing coursework.
- All requirements for the MSN degree must be completed in 5 calendar years.
明升体育-英超直播Applicants to online and hybrid nursing programs must be residents of a state in which the Loewenberg College of Nursing is authorized to provide distance education. The Loewenberg College of Nursing is NOT authorized to offer distance education in California. Students who reside outside of Tennessee and plan to enroll in an online program of study that leads to advanced nursing licensure are individually responsible for verifying that the program meets the requirements for advanced licensure in their state. Online nursing students should contact the state licensing body from which they will be seeking licensure to ensure eligibility requirements.
Students who relocate to California, in which LCON is not authorized to offer distance education, will be required to fulfill their remaining course requirements in Tennessee or another authorized state, or to withdraw from the program.
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements ().
Tuition and Fees
For the most current information regarding tuition, visit the University & Student Business Services.
Dr. Eric Bailey II
Dr. Brad Harrell
Dr. Belinda Fleming
Dr. Teresa Richardson